Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) is a critical coenzyme found in every cell in your body. It plays a vital role in cellular metabolism, energy production, and the maintenance of DNA. NAD+ levels naturally decline with age, and this decline is associated with aging and numerous age-related diseases, such as neurodegenerative disorders, metabolic disorders, and cancers.
NAD+ infusions are a type of intravenous therapy where NAD+ is delivered directly into the bloodstream. It’s theorized that by increasing the levels of NAD+ in the body, you can possibly mitigate some of the effects of ageing and disease.
Potential benefits of NAD+ infusions include:
- Energy production: NAD+ is a coenzyme involved in cellular energy production. It participates in redox reactions in the mitochondria, the powerhouses of cells, where it helps convert food into ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the energy currency of the body. By replenishing NAD+ levels, it is believed that NAD+ infusions may support increased energy levels.
- Anti-aging effects: NAD+ plays a critical role in various cellular processes, including DNA repair, gene expression, and the regulation of cellular metabolism. Some research suggests that NAD+ levels decline with age, leading to cellular dysfunction and aging-related conditions. By boosting NAD+ levels, it is hypothesized that NAD+ infusions may help combat age-related decline and promote healthy aging.
- Neuroprotection: NAD+ is involved in maintaining neuronal health and function. Studies have shown that NAD+ supplementation can support neuronal survival, enhance cognitive function, and protect against neurodegenerative diseases. NAD+ infusions may potentially provide neuroprotective benefits and aid in conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- DNA repair and integrity: NAD+ is a crucial component in DNA repair pathways, such as base excision repair and homologous recombination. By ensuring efficient DNA repair, NAD+ may help prevent DNA damage accumulation, reduce genomic instability, and potentially lower the risk of cancer development.
- Metabolic health: NAD+ is intricately involved in metabolic processes, including glucose and lipid metabolism. Research suggests that NAD+ plays a role in regulating metabolic homeostasis, and its depletion may contribute to metabolic disorders such as obesity and type 2 diabetes. NAD+ infusions might help restore metabolic balance and improve metabolic health markers.
- Enhanced exercise performance: NAD+ is involved in energy metabolism during physical activity. By promoting efficient ATP production, NAD+ infusions may potentially enhance exercise performance and endurance.
- Addiction recovery: NAD+ infusions can also be used as a treatment for addiction, with the theory that it could help to replenish the brain and restore function affected by substance abuse.
So, it is safe to say that increasing your NAD+ might be a good thing.
This IV infusion aims to replenish NAD+ stores by administering the compound directly into the blood stream which has far superior bioavailability compared to oral counterparts.
For those that don’t want to go ahead with the IV infusion, an alternative IM injection is also available
The typical frequency recommended is between 3-10 consecutive days (depending on goals) of intravenous NAD+(Or IM) combined with other nutrients (such as B-Vitamins) are typically recommended for full effect. Treatments are tailored to your individual needs after a consultation. Some patients may opt for 1 infusion a week for 4 weeks. Maintenance is generally recommended every 1,3 or 6 months.
You may feel mental clarity, improved cognition and have enhanced energy following the infusion. The effects are felt more after 3-4 infusions.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more info and pricing.